We are an experienced and qualified team, providing an all-in-one, personal service
MA (Oxon), FCA, DChA
Qualifications and origins
Paul qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1985 with one of the big London firms (Touche Ross, now Deloittes) but then worked for many years in a medium sized firm before deciding to offer a general practitioner service through his own business. From 1 June 2015 he expanded this by taking over Tony Rowlands’ Woking practice, AJ Rowlands & Co, when Tony wished to retire.
And Chamberlains is now a Partnership
Until 1 January 2017 Paul owned the business completely and had sole responsibility for it (although ably assisted by the people helping him).
But this has now changed: he’s delighted to have been joined in partnership by Chris Lowry, FCA. He’s another experienced chartered accountant, with a background in larger firms in London, concentrating on business advisory and corporate finance services. He also gets involved in expert witness work and will bring many extra skills to the firm. We’ve worked with him on joint clients for a few years, so we’re confident that we can work together well to offer a more complete and varied service to clients.
We benefit greatly from having the following additional people:
- Vikki Barnard – An experienced ACA, with good experience at local firms of Chartered Accountants, particularly in year end accounts and audit.
- Keith Olding – Qualified as an FCA and as an MBA, with broad experience in commerce as well as in accountancy firms.
- Jo Jones – an experienced bookkeeper who looks after many of Tony Rowlands’ former clients.
- Not to mention Paul’s wife, Linda – who just happens also to be another linguist-turned accountant, MA (Edinburgh), ACA. She’s been a valuable help since the start, as has her brother, Nigel, a qualified Sage user, a part-qualified AAT trainee, and a Xero certified advisor.
Paul’s main areas of experience and the heart of the business are:
- Owner-managed businesses – audit and accounts
- Company and personal tax
- Company secretarial matters
- Accountancy for Solicitors
- Accountancy for Charities
- Subsidiaries of foreign companies (fluent in French, Spanish and Catalan. His Oxford degree was in Modern Languages) and Linda has good French and Italian.
- Payroll and management accounts
Chris’s main areas of experience are in business advisory work, due diligence, and Expert witness, but over a long career he’s worked with a lot of owner-managed businesses and has wide accountancy experience. A very valuable business partner.
To discuss your accountancy needs, please call +44 (0)1252 702600
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamberlains …professional, friendly, accountancy & auditing services in Greater London, Surrey & Hampshire
Communications, Company details and Insurance
Chamberlains is legally a partnership and all communications should be to Chamberlains, Elm House, Tanshire Park, Shackleford Road, Elstead, Godalming, Surrey GU8 6LB .
However, a dormant company controlled by Paul, Chamberlains Accountancy Limited, is registered in England and Wales, number 6416081.
The registered office is also at Elm House, Tanshire Park, Shackleford Road, Elstead, Godalming, Surrey GU8 6LB
In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Services Regulations 2009, our professional indemnity insurer is RSA Insurance plc, 9th floor, One Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BD. The territorial coverage is worldwide excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim bought in any court in the United States of America or Canada.